lundi 29 janvier 2018

Houdini to Unity Digital Asset - Floor Creation

This is another Houdini Digital Asset I built for my developers and designers. The tool takes  a curve built in Unity and creates a floor or a ceiling. I started out creating a basic network within a Geo node.


The initial node network above in Houdini. Organization is key when working with Nodes. I have had assets that are just a complete mess, no guidance, no organization, no structure, extra nodes that are not connected to any other node.

Netboxes are a a good way of keeping your networks organized. It is also a great way of planning out how a node netowrk is structured. You can even add colors. Colors! Ok, I like adding colors.


This is what the asset looks like in Unity, once the asset has been built and imported into Unity. The same custom parameters I setup in Houdini are now showing in Unity.


This is what it looks like imported into Unity. 

I use the Houdini Digital Assets to quickly create a design of the floor that I will be creating in the future. This allows me to quickly make changes, assign materials and collision objects when needed.


Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire